Polar Bears As a Pet? | Teen Ink

Polar Bears As a Pet?

June 27, 2013
By MoLo17 BRONZE, Hilmar, California
MoLo17 BRONZE, Hilmar, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
YoLo


What do you think would be a good new trending pet? How would it be to have any animal that you ever dreamed of? Polar Bears are the ideal animal to adopt, because of protection, cuteness and lovingness.

Because these animals are becoming endangered by global warming and by humans, we should take care of these animals and have them as pets. You are probably thinking to yourself, where would you keep a huge polar bear at your house? How can it survive without ice or snow or it being cold? Well I think that if you get a big enough space in your backyard you can build the polar bear a huge room that is -50 degrees, has a pool for them to swim in, a little hut for them to sleep in, and build machines to keeps it always below zero and snow and ice makers.

Polar bears are becoming endangered because of humans. Us humans take our planet for granted. It’s because humans don’t know how to treat Earth. That is why I think we should have them as pets so that we treat them right. If we don’t have them as pets then we forget about them and treat Earth poorly which makes them be endangered.


The scientific name for polar bears is Ursus Maritimus. Polar bears could be a great pet to have in many ways. Did you know that polar bears skin is black and that the fur of the polar bears are clear and hollow and not yellow, not cream. Their visibly pale coloring is caused by reflection of scattering light. Polar bears start having cubs when they become 4 to 5 years old. Cubs weigh a little more than a pound when they are born.

Polar Bears would be great to have as a pet because they can protect you. Notice with there big broad body and huge paws they can protect you from any intruder would be scared of your polar bear. They are only mean when they need to be, other than that they are the cutest little things. Another reason that you should get a polar bear as a pet because they are extremely cute and loving, especially when they are cubs. You can cuddle up with them in their soft, warm coat of fur, and always know you are safe with them.

Now would you consider having a polar bear as a pet? I think its a wonderful idea to have a polar bear. They are the ideal animal to adopt as a pet because of their cuteness, lovingness and for protection.