My name that is | Teen Ink

My name that is

May 30, 2013
By dylan eddings BRONZE, Sweet Home, Oregon
dylan eddings BRONZE, Sweet Home, Oregon
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hot like ambers dull and red, my name lies at the bottom, surrounded by memories that never ash. It hides silently and stealthily, but one day, the fire will erupt burning red and bright. As the black smoke that is my name rises I will become the sky. As I become the rain I will fall into the sea and become a son of the waves.

My name walks this earth a navy blue, overlooked by most, though it stands against the black. While everything ells fades into black my name will shine and show the way for the helpless. Once I have taken my desire I will give and help lives. I will not take the fame but simply share the fortune and the meaning that is my name.

The homeless that sleep on the street are my name. The filth you walk amongst and act as if it weren’t human. The person no one hears, the sin at the bottom of a wishing well. I am the understanding of these things and the voice between them and the rich.

Every note you here all music you here is my name, any guitar that is strumming, any bass that is thumping, and every instrument that has been smashed or bashed. Above all else my name is me and its meaning is its own.