Revelation | Teen Ink

Revelation

There is a definite enigmatic quality to the atmosphere. Trees sway from left to right, practically whispering. Each leaf on every branch rustles its feverish green, almost tauntingly. There seems to be some sort of common knowledge, an unspoken rule even, and everyone along with everything else is in discernment apart from me. We are assigned a single task on this journey of ours, but it is this same task that has left me perplexed. You are gifted with such life, so you must live it well. How can something in its simplest form seem to be at the height of complexity? It is on an evening such as this that I conclude that the world is a magnificent lover once it allows itself to be. Perhaps it is not the amount of color on the pallet that of which is your life, but the saturation of those vibrant hues that truly matters. Allow the miniscule factors that are so frequently overlooked consume you. Render yourself to the wind: let its gust of sensation trace your every curve, and embrace its familiar touch as it caresses all fibers that frame your being. Listen to your favorite song again, and again, and again, to your heart’s content. May its crescendos and decrescendos be your guide. Analyze the ethereal dust that dances along the rays of sunlight streaming in from the window. Shred apart its intricate beauty, and aspire to live as carefree as it glides through the air. Bestow the sinking feeling you encounter while watching the sunset alone upon yourself. The nostalgia you feel for places you’ve never been along with the memories you’ve never made will be your driving force. So take that turn, kiss that boy, spontaneously combust, find whatever it is that makes you feel something; hold on to it. Because that is all that actually matters in this life. Give yourself over to everything around you so you are able to forget who you once were, and set out to discover who you truly are now.