Change by Obama | Teen Ink

Change by Obama

September 18, 2008
By Anonymous

It was just one of those days. I was sitting in my room, eating an apple, listening to some Sean Paul, and pondering a question someone had asked me. What did I want to do with the rest of my life? After an extensive thought process, I not only concluded that I would like to pursue becoming a Trauma Surgeon and a Pastry Chef, but I would also like to change the world. Upon realizing that I would like to change the world, a name appeared in my head: Barrack Obama.

Keeping up with politics and the news has become a world event in itself. You have to focus on who said what, where he or she said it, and how much money he or she spent on his or her not too impressive commercial. Up until recently, I could have cared less who the President was, who the Governor was, or who the Sheriff was. I still don¡¯t care who the governor or the sheriff is. It¡¯s funny the way a news report can really change the way that you think. Every news channel seems to have its own view on the same person. That person is usually Barrack Obama. He¡¯s making so much history and he isn¡¯t even the president yet. He¡¯s the first African-American Man who has ever been close enough to see the November ballot. There¡¯s so much hype out there right now about this man who¡¯s whole campaign is set around ¡°Change that we can believe in.¡±

I was one of the people who questioned what this ¡°Change that we can believe in¡± really was about. Like any curious person, I went and found out a little about what Senator Obama was really trying to tell me. He wants to stop the genocide in Darfur, end the conflict in Congo, and stop the ongoing war in Liberia and Sierra Leone. While reading what Obama was all about, I realized that I too would like to change the world. I don¡¯t know if I would want to do it in the same way that he is trying to do, but nonetheless I would be changing the world. It only takes a little. I want to create a change that I can believe in and everyone else can believe in too.

Barrack Obama said, ¡°You matter to us. Your future is our future. And our moment is now.¡± The quote is saying that everything we do is going to affect the future so we should do everything in our power to change the world while we can.

Barrack Obama has impacted my life and the choices I make. The TV, Radio, and Internet make him out to be a World event. Obama is a man that can change your life perceptions all in the time it takes to eat an apple and listen to Sean Paul. I believe that he will become the change that we can all believe in.