Making the Switch | Teen Ink

Making the Switch

By Abby Mihaiuc SILVER, Washougal, Washington
Abby Mihaiuc SILVER, Washougal, Washington

Have you ever been in the middle of an important conversation with your T-Mobile cell phone, and, all of a sudden, the line went dead? This is probably due to T-Mobile’s terrible service and coverage. Anyone who is currently using T-mobile for their cell phone service should switch to Verizon Wireless because they have more reliable coverage, you get more bang for your buck, they provide better customer service, and though some may say T-Mobile is great, there are so many statistics proving Verizon is better.

First, anyone who is currently using T-Mobile should switch to Verizon is because they have far more reliable service. For instance, J.D. Power and Associates, a global marketing information services, named Verizon the highest in wireless network quality performance (“What’s the Best Wireless Carrier?”). Verizon is also the largest 4G LTE network in the United States. They were the first network to offer 3G and GPS service (“Verizon Wireless”). Also, when comparing coverage maps of the most known wireless providers, Verizon has the most 4G LTE towers. 4G LTE is the fastest wireless network technology available. T-Mobile doesn’t even offer 4G LTE service. Verizon also states that “Among the four major wireless carriers, only Verizon’s 4G networks is 100% 4G LTE” (“Verizon Wireless Coverage Map”). Truly, anyone currently using T-Mobile as their cell phone service provider should switch to Verizon Wireless because Verizon offers far better coverage and technology than T-Mobile does.

In addition, switching to Verizon will give you more bang for your buck. Verizon has a new plan called the Share Everything plan. This allows you to have up to 10 phones on a line which you can share a data amount of your choice with. Every individual phone gets unlimited talk and text (“Shared Data”). This way, you don’t have to buy a minimum amount of data per phone, like other companies offer. Instead, you can choose how much data you want and share it. Anton Troianovski, a reporter for the telecommunications section of the Wall Street Journal says, “The cost for heavy voice users will fall” (Troianovski). Certainly, T-Mobile customers should switch to Verizon Wireless because of their new, money-saving plans.

Third, switching from T-Mobile to Verizon will give you far superior customer service. “Consumer Reports’ satisfaction survey found that, in almost all cities surveyed, Verizon was among the most satisfying” (“What’s”). This means that the majority of people in the United States feel that Verizon’s customer service is best. Also, according to a chart, by J.D. Power and Associates, T-Mobile falls in last place when it comes to customer service. In addition, “J.D. Power and Associates likewise ranked Verizon at the top for overall customer care among competing providers” (“What’s”). Clearly, current T-Mobile customers should switch to Verizon because, Verizon is far superior in customer service.

Finally, though some may say that T-Mobile has its perks, there far too many downfalls to compare. For instance, one may state that T-Mobile has recently upgraded their service. This fact is completely valid, as T-Mobile is always adding more towers; however, why has T-Mobile lost over 200,000 customers in the second quarter of 2012 (Duncan)? Another might say that T-Mobile has more options while Verizon only has the Share Everything plan. This is true in some cases, but Verizon is actually money saving for a family trying to get good cell phone service. Customers don’t have to pay a data fee for each phone, instead they could share two to ten gigabytes of data all while getting unlimited talk and text (“Shared”). Truly, T-Mobile’s customers should switch carriers because, nothing compares to what Verizon has to offer.
In closing, though T-Mobile offers different plan options, their customers should switch because of Verizon’s many superior features. They offer great coverage due to their many 4g LTE towers, and you get the best pricing for the amazing service they offer. To add, Verizon has better customer service that will make your phone calls much less frustrating. Last, though some people say T-Mobile is great, Verizon is so much better. So, the next time your two-year contract with T-Mobile is about to expire, think, do you really want to renew, or do you want to make the switch?

Works Cited

Duncan, Geoff. "Why T-Mobile Still Has a Fighting Chance." Digital Trends. N.p., 10 Aug. 2012. Web. 09 Jan. 2013. <http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/t-mobile-still-has-a-chance/>.

"Shared Data." Verizon Wireless. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Jan. 2013.

<http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/explore/share-everything.html>.

Troianovski, Anton. "A Cheat Sheet for Verizon." Yahoo! Finance. Wall Street Journal, 13 June 2012. Web. 09 Jan. 2013.

<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-cheat-sheet-for-verizon’s-new-shared-data-plans.html>.

"Verizon Wireless." CNET. N.p., 20 Feb. 2007. Web. 04 Jan. 2013.

<http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/verizon-wireless/4505-6452_7-32137727.html>.

"Verizon Wireless Coverage Map." Verizon Wireless. Verizon, n.d. Web. 04 Jan. 2013.

<http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/coverage-locator >.

"What's the Best Wireless Carrier?" Lifehacker. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Jan. 2013.
<http://lifehacker.com/5939237/whats-the-best-wireless-carrier>.