The Beauty of Writing | Teen Ink

The Beauty of Writing

April 3, 2013
By JasmineSidhu SILVER, Valencia, California
JasmineSidhu SILVER, Valencia, California
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Writing embodies the primitive art of expression which engenders an individual to expand upon intellectual thought. As a medium of reflection, similar to that of art and music, writing endows humanity with the ability to contemplate multiple aspects of life. Thus, writing is not only a luxury, but also a necessity that enriches one’s psyche. Evidently, as all other art forms, the mastery of writing requires patience and practice. All writers understand the potential of writing, despite the fact that it brings about weaknesses and strengths.
Most students my age by the end of their career will realize that writing is not simply a punishment for disgruntled high school students. It possesses capabilities that are often unrecognized by the common masses. Words retain the ancient qualities of persuasion, reflection, and intellectuality. The individual who has the ability to write also has the ability to change the world. Writing is an art form, but it is also a mode of expressing a concern or message. With the mastery of simple aspects like grammar and clarity, an individual can move further to intellectual topics. Thus, language becomes beautiful with the mastery of writing.


The author's comments:
Since this a publication for writers, I thought it'd be nice to reflect on the importance of writing in my life as well as others.