Some thoughts: Age

Hey everyone..or no one..that's cool too...
So today i was thinking about life and children. I miss being a kid so much! I used to run all over the neighborhood when i was a kid (i still do) but now there's too many kids who just want to sit inside. Young children, very young, have the ability i try to continue to posses: they can see things that aren't really there. As well as being able to not see things that they don't want to see. Being a teenager on the other hand is hard and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Teens are told to act like adults and treated like children.

Adults and kids want to be you. Kids seem to think (and i was guilty of this too) that once you hit a certain age, everything happens: you can drive, you have cool clothes, you're gorgeous, you have a ton of friends and you find love. Riiiiiiiiight. I thought that too until i found out that all that "beauty" was actually make-up and hours spent curling and straightening hair. sigh Adults on the other hand say "youth is wasted o the young". Seriously? I hate that expression. They say that because teenagers try to grow up so fast. I'm really not so sure we do. Do you know any adults that get themselves into as much trouble as teens? I for one am happy being 16 for the rest of my life so i never have to worry about college or work or bills or anything. I have no intention of growing up anytime soon.

I'm curious to know if any of my fellow teens out there feel the same. You want to grow up? Leave me a comment! As for me: I'm glad to continue running around my neighborhood, seeing things that aren't there and choosing not to see things i don't want to see: like my future
Thanks for reading!

Rude awakening: I'm not ready to grow up

BookWermThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:49 pm
Teens are told to act like ad ults and are treated like children is true. And I'm expected to have already got a learning permit and be able to drive, to have a job, and be able to buy my own clothes. I really get what you're saying, amd I'm in no hurry to grow up. Sometimes I consider wanting to be a few years younger, but I know that with my personality and what I know now, it would feel comstricting if I could be. When I was younger, I thought being was the worst, but then I grew older and sa... (more »)