Why do we fear???

We are the people who get goosebumps when we listen to heroic stories of warriors and leaders. But in truth how many of dare to speak up against an injustice happening right in-front of our eyes.???
It is something that have always amazed me and set me thinking. When will we put our thoughts into action?? It is a really important question. In schools we are taught to do a lot of good deeds, behave in the most polite manner and always respect and follow the guidelines we are given. Rarely are we allowed to think on our own. Whenever an assignment is given, we simultaneously receive the best directions for doing it as well. And as we grow up we still expect someone to come up and say that you should do something. We are the best followers anyone would get and this is so much true with many of us. We are actually becoming robots, inbuilt with a wide array of extraordinary programs, but who always needs a command to start the action..!!
We fear to speak aloud when needed not because we may hurt someone, but because we have become so much self-centered that we think of what it would bring us. I have seen people stand and watch a fight with grief and worry and never even speaking a word to bring down the fight. Where have we lost our true nature, a nature that saw humanity far more important??
Why are we not thinking how we can stop the dreadful corruption that has set in?
Why are we not thinking that the water we waste while brushing our teeth would be enough for a child in the dry villages to not to go thirsty??
When will we start to think that this planet is our own and only home and that we must handover it to our children, protected?
When will our leaders build the bridges and wells they have promised years back?
And above all when will we stop fearing to stand up and speak for ourselves and for our own people..???

Deej6595This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:00 pm:
I think that you have a really good piece. I also wrote something similar to you and I do agree that we need to learn how to think for ourselves in our educational systems because we are clueless about life. We need to stand up for injustice and not just when it is happening for a few days but, constantly and consistently. This is a great piece for discussion and I hope that people follow through with these words that you imparted on us.

MariesummersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 12:20 pm:
I really enjoyed this piece and I completley agree with you. I truely believe people need to take a stand for themsevles. You made some great ponits and made good plays with your words but I think you should rewrite the piece to make it flow better. Otherwise, you did a great job! 

lechu replied...
Apr. 14 at 6:59 am :
Thank u friend for ur gud comments. I wud surely rewrite it. Pls do read the other articles i put in.

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20 at 6:11 am:
Hi, i'm shagun, from Jaipur. I really like what you wrote. Especially the metaphor of use being robots i perfect! Also, i this about the delhi rape case> i'm going to write an article about that. I hope you read it ;) Keep writing. 

Lechu replied...
Mar. 27 at 2:06 pm :
thanks shagun.. i am happy you liked it. :)