Why do we fear??? | Teen Ink

Why do we fear???

March 2, 2013
By Lakshmy PLATINUM, Kumily, Other
Lakshmy PLATINUM, Kumily, Other
24 articles 1 photo 6 comments

We are the people who get goosebumps when we listen to heroic stories of warriors and leaders. But in truth how many of dare to speak up against an injustice happening right in-front of our eyes.???
It is something that have always amazed me and set me thinking. When will we put our thoughts into action?? It is a really important question. In schools we are taught to do a lot of good deeds, behave in the most polite manner and always respect and follow the guidelines we are given. Rarely are we allowed to think on our own. Whenever an assignment is given, we simultaneously receive the best directions for doing it as well. And as we grow up we still expect someone to come up and say that you should do something. We are the best followers anyone would get and this is so much true with many of us. We are actually becoming robots, inbuilt with a wide array of extraordinary programs, but who always needs a command to start the action..!!
We fear to speak aloud when needed not because we may hurt someone, but because we have become so much self-centered that we think of what it would bring us. I have seen people stand and watch a fight with grief and worry and never even speaking a word to bring down the fight. Where have we lost our true nature, a nature that saw humanity far more important??
Why are we not thinking how we can stop the dreadful corruption that has set in?
Why are we not thinking that the water we waste while brushing our teeth would be enough for a child in the dry villages to not to go thirsty??
When will we start to think that this planet is our own and only home and that we must handover it to our children, protected?
When will our leaders build the bridges and wells they have promised years back?
And above all when will we stop fearing to stand up and speak for ourselves and for our own people..???


The author's comments:
Something I wanna ask to every Indian...