Holy Apple | Teen Ink

Holy Apple

December 29, 2012
By ArcherRose93 SILVER, South Hadley, Massachusetts
ArcherRose93 SILVER, South Hadley, Massachusetts
6 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind -Dr.Seuss


Honeycrisp Apples, are gargantuan in size, as well as flavor, compared to any other apple. In a fruit-opia, where all fruits live in peace, the Honeycrisp would rule supreme as a just and honorable majesty. Providing the consumer with a plethora of apple to devour, the Honeycrisp is merely more than just a healthy snack to keep the doctor away. In fact, eating one Honeycrisp a day will not only keep the doctor away, but also any gloomy thoughts which will be converted to savoring the juicy white flesh. One bite hurls anyone into an addiction of sweet sweet white flesh, like a fruit vampire who cannot contain their lust for the luscious white substance. Sounds of a great waterfall crash throughout the mind as the crisp peel is ripped from its body and chewed into a shimmering pulp. To hold a Honeycrisp Apple feels like the weight of a teeny Earth was placed into your hands, transforming an average human into the mighty Atlas holding the world on his shoulders. No hand of any kind could ever hide away such a radiant peel which encloses the sweet white flesh. Soft pink and yellow hues swirl and melt into one, painting a personal sunset forever set upon the horizon. Every bite taken guarantees a burst of pure joy and happiness, like a warm mug of hot cocoa on a cold, dark winter night. No thought of war or treachery shall ever cross a person’s mind once the ensnaring first taste has been savored, only thoughts of world peace. Naturally formed from the Earth, they complete any longing to become closer to our origins and Mother Nature, reminding anyone of a brisk summer breeze as it snaps through the trees. Rather than tasting the rainbow like Skittles ads express, tasting the Honeycrisp combines the rainbow with a waterfall and sunset.


The author's comments:
I love Honeycrisp Apples, they're just awesome. I wrote this for a fruit description lesson in a Creative Writing course. Enjoy!