Walk Through the Past | Teen Ink

Walk Through the Past

December 8, 2012
By greenlover101 PLATINUM, Uxbridge, Massachusetts
greenlover101 PLATINUM, Uxbridge, Massachusetts
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you never know what you got till its gone" "Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never even knew"


Have you ever wished you could go back to the past? I have. I wish it all the time. I think of happiness and joy. The past was simple and horrid at the same time. I never really could put my finger on it. I figure we need to lose something sad in our past to gain something good we have now.
Sometimes, I wish I could go back to that time Frank and I prayed for just one more snow day. He wanted just one more day with dad. I wanted just one more day with him, Allan, and Ruth. I didn’t know how important they were to me. One time Ruth gave me a makeover! Allan and I used to play “spies” every weekend. It was when I was happy.

Sometimes we are scared of the past. We are scared of what we might find. We are scared to remember the things that developed our worries and faults. I know I invite people in, and then I push those same people right on back out. I don’t want to remember what makes me do that. I’m scared of the good memories from the past. I am scared of what those memories will make me realize.

I don’t know why I am always walking in the past. Sometimes it’s where I wish I was right now, and sometimes it’s because the past comes back and says, “Don’t do ______ because you don’t want ______ to happen again.” The truth is, people never can escape their pasts. Those pasts will always be there.
I have learned it’s easier to go back. Then I can figure out why I am the way I am and why people mean so much to me so quickly. I have learned it’s better to look back sometimes. We can learn something new about ourselves. I think everyone should try to take at least one walk through the past.