Drugs, Sex, Alcohol: What Fun? | Teen Ink

Drugs, Sex, Alcohol: What Fun?

October 5, 2007
By Anonymous

Everyday, hundreds of teenagers are getting dunk, high or having sex. I think at the age 14 that’s wrong. I ask myself are they doing all that just to have fun in life? Do they think there cool or something? I believe that you don’t need drugs and alcohol to have a fun time because I look at my life and its so much fun without doing that stuff. I think having sex at a young age is even worse. You run the high risks of getting pregnant, getting HIV, STD’s and any infections like that. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with have a romantic, intimate relationship but I believe you don’t need to go as far as sex especially at a young age. If kids my age are doing drugs how do you think that affecting their brains? If teens my age are doing drugs, how do you think that’s affecting their brains? If teens my age think its cool doing drugs their wrong and if their friends want them to do it their not very good friends at all. If there doing drugs at a young teenage age, how do you think their going to be able to have a job or go to school? There not. If they don’t get good education no one will want to hire them for a good paying job and they will be living on the streets for choosing drugs over school. So many kids drop out of school because they would rather sit somewhere and do drugs, then sit at school and learn. I have seen this happen to lots of kids in my school. They try drugs at grade 7 or 8 and by the time there in grade 9 or 10, they can’t function properly without drugs. They get so hooked on it that they will be doing drugs for the rest of their lives. If there doing drugs at a young age, how’s that going to affect them for the rest of their lives? They won’t be able to neither get a good stable job nor attend school. There’s better ways to have fun then drugs. How are these teens getting all this alcohol I ask? I know exactly there own house and/or parents. But then I wonder how these parents aren’t realizing their alcohol is missing? Are they scared to face the problem or ask their child about it? Do they just not want to acknowledge the problem? I don’t know but all I know is that it’s wrong on the teens and parents part. Some parents don’t realize that when there drinking alcohol all the time, their children are picking up that it is ok to drink all the time because their parents dot it. Adults and parents need to be aware how much they are drinking around their children. You don’t need to get drunk to have a fun, awesome time; you can have one without alcohol. Plus you run the risks of getting alcohol poisoning, going into a coma and other serious stuff. It’s not worth the risk in my opinion. My solution to all this is the parent’s needs to watch what their kids are doing, be involved in their child’s life and be an active role model. The kids also need to think about there future and how it’s going to affect them for the rest of their lives. Plus what kind of damage its doing to there body inside. I think teens my age need to learn how to respect their bodies and their decision in life because it will affect them for the rest of their lives. But I’m 1 teenager and it’s going to take a lot more then just me to get the point across to these teens and adults who aren’t as wise as I am.