young wild and free | Teen Ink

young wild and free

By kmart60808 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
kmart60808 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Have you ever heard that saying, “to be old and wise first you have to be young and reckless?” Well I couldn’t agree more. There is not a day that goes by without it being proved to me.

Day by day, mistake after mistake that is just how my life seemed to be. Until this past year that I learned a little “crawl before you try to run” lesson that taught me to think twice about my actions.

So try picturing this, I was 14 years old, and like many other teens I was trying to find myself. It was the start of a new beginning which was high school. But confusion was starting to take over my mind; it was as if a hurricane was happening up there. I had eagerness building up to take advantage of this fresh start, but there was also this past dreadfully following close behind. See the thing is I had always been the quiet girl in class with only a few friends. I think it is safe to say I was what people often times call a “loner.”

Anyway, as you can imagine I didn’t like the feeling of being like I didn’t exist. That is why I decide to follow the motto “well behaved people rarely make history.”
I followed it so much that freshman year didn’t even feel like a school year. I would go in late to class as much as I could. I would always be so late that I basically didn’t even have class. Not doing homework or class work became a daily routine up to the point where teachers wouldn’t even care if I tried or not anymore. Some teachers still had the hope that I would do my work, but instead of being grateful for them not giving up on me I would just disrespected them. I would usually talk back, or just walk out of the class to not deal with them. That wasn’t the worst part yet though there was still more to come. As time passed and first semester was over I was moved into another class to start of my second semester. Most of the kids that misbehaved were all clustered up in this class. This is when some of the students in my class and I decided to bring liquor into the school. We didn’t think of the consequences; the only thing that was going through our minds was to have fun.

I could have gotten expelled for this, but I was given a second chance. This is when I realized that I was making history. But guess what? It wasn’t good history to be proud of though, and it wasn’t something I would want to be remembered by either. This is when I learned that the past doesn’t always have to define who you are in the future as long as you learn from your mistakes and get back up everything is possible. This I believe.

it's a this i believe essay just talking a little about my self.