The (Slightly Exaggerated) Type Sketch of the Alabama Football Fan

In the state of Alabama, one of the things we enjoy joking about is college football. The jokes and comments build until the Iron Bowl-the rivalry game between the Auburn Tigers and the Alabama Crimson Tide. After that the winner has bragging rights for a year and the other team shuts up.
With a smile I'd have to say that I've noticed it more with Alabama fans, so I thought I would write this type sketch-though slightly exaggerated-on the Alabama football fan.
The Crimson Tide fan tells his children all about Alabama tradition. He takes them to games before they can walk and teaches them the words to the university's fight song as soon as they can talk. (See if they can't spell the quarterback's name before they can spell their own!)

He also demonstrates his knowledge of history by being able to describe accurately a play that happened years before he was born. After losing to another team, the Bama fan responds with, "Well, we beat you in '65."

Though the above examples are a little extreme, I think it's fun picking on Alabama fans. After all, we enjoy that kind of thing down here.

f1ndmycure2013 said...
I'm a big Crimson Tide fan, and found this to be very funny (and true for some die-hard fans [; )

Shannon_Bananon said...
:D This brought a smile to my face. I'm sure we all know someone a little bit like that.