No Sanity | Teen Ink

No Sanity

I left; went out running to find some sanity and maybe some answers. The cold was bittersweet. And I tried to not think too much. But then I stopped. I don’t know what it was but something caught my eye and I stopped. I put my hand to the road. Then I listened. But I couldn’t. There was nothing to hear, just a soft, distant call of a lonely bird. There was no movement anywhere. So I stopped moving. Why move in a place that stands still? You won’t get anywhere. I turned around to look at the sun. A bright orange ball suspended in nothingness. It looked so unreal. I had to leave. The solemnity of the place was saddening. I couldn’t look to the sky. It had such a lonely tone to it. So I turned around and went back; back to nothing.

I run cross counrty and track for my school, so i was practicing by my house one day, and was inspired at one point in the run by how gorgeous the land was. There were sparsley placed oak trees, and tall grass everywhere. I stood and took it all in while trying to remember everything i could, knowing i wanted to write about it. After being there, i started to get chills from the silence and the emptiness, so i took all I had thought up and ran back home.