Yes! I believe | Teen Ink

Yes! I believe

September 13, 2012
By Enzo99 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Enzo99 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you want respect, you must earn it."


Yes! I Believe

I believe in sleeping with no alarm clock and waking up naturally. It gives me much more energy for anything I need or must achieve.

Finally is Thursday night, which means last day before the weekend. Either way I still had to set up my alarm clock at 6:00am, and the bad thing is that it was midnight already, so really I’ll be sleeping for six hours. I immediately grabbed my phone and click on the alarm clock set up. I pass 1:00am, 2:00am, 3:00am, 4:00am, 5:00am, and finally land on 6:00am. I knew that I probably wasn’t going to hear it; therefore I had to connect it to my speakers which were five inches above my head. Now that it is all set up I can finally go under my soft covers and on top of my fluffy pillows ready to knock out. Sadly before I knew it “Everybody talks, everybody talks” my alarm ringtone by Neon Trees goes off louder than usual and interrupts my dream. It makes such a good and energetic song sound so bad and annoying. At that moment I felt like it was the end of the world and it kills my whole day, and makes me more frustrated than ever at school.

It’s Friday night, the day I mostly look forward to every week. It’s that time in the week when I get to go to my alarm clock set up and click the word that has been calling for my attention- off. Then the magic occurs. It gives my bedroom a totally different feeling. I feel like I’m in a mansion and they have taken me to the guest bedroom. There is fancy furniture and hundreds of pillows. The covers are as soft as Charmin toilet paper. This makes me feel like I’m a celebrity. This is “Living the life” and that’s when the dreams really began. I get to wake up with a big smile on my face thinking, “What a great dream I had.” I wake up with a dream to tell to anyone that is willing to hear it.

Just like the right that says “People have the right to live and exist freely” there should be a right that says “People have the right to sleep and wake up freely.”


The author's comments:
My piece is about something i believe in and i'm sure a lot of other teens do too.