Reasons Why People Go To College | Teen Ink

Reasons Why People Go To College

July 12, 2008
By Anonymous

One of the most important elements that people see on a resume is college education. These days, it is harder to get a job unless you go to college. There continues to be competition for employment after college and it depends on what college one attends. For example, there are huge gaps on the average salaries between a student who attends Harvard and a student who attends somewhere less prestigious. The reasons why people go to college are to get good jobs, which means more money and also to obtain more social and life experiences.
First, people say that getting a job is the first obstacle in life. The second obstacle is getting married and third is how to take care of your child or children. In order to pass the first obstacle, which is getting a good job is the most important. The result of this first obstacle can impact the second and third obstacles. This expresses how important it is to get a job. The first thing that people look for is what college the applicant goes to. College expresses how well organized you are and also how smart and what habits you have. Also, this means that the applicant has the potential to work hard and keep the work that the applicant is suppose to do.

In addition, the second reason why people go to college is to gain more social experience and learn more knowledge. People can marry any time they want. However, the reason why people do not marry until their twenty’s or older is because they are not mature enough. People do not have enough knowledge if they marry when they are teenagers. People have to learn what social life is or how the world economic is going. Furthermore, having a baby or being a husband/ wife means that it is going to cost a lot of money in order to survive. In college, you can make more friends and meet people who are just the same as you are. For example, if you have an interest in Sociology, you can meet people who are studying about sociology in classes and get to talk to them about the topic. People experience what social life is and how tough it is to work in a company and the importance of teamwork. People start to get salaries and get some knowledge on how to survive without parents.

In conclusion, I think it is important to go to college not just to study but also to gain some experience and to get a good job. My parents always give me good reasons to say that just focus and study really hard when you are in middle school or in high school. Then, my parents tell me what are some of the reasons why I have to study hard in middle school and in high school. The reasons that they always tell me is that you will regret when you get to a college. People seem to think “I should have studies hard at that time”, but it is too late once you go to a college. For example, if one does not study hard before college, they have a lot of remedial work to do. I hope people do not regret once they are in college, instead to study hard when you are younger in order to be accepted to a good college