Teen Epidemic | Teen Ink

Teen Epidemic

Over the past two years I've been pondering this thing we all call "normal teen" behavior. I've noticed this and have changed it to "the teen epidemic" Many teenagers find sex and other sexual things a part of normal everyday life. I however find it very disgusting. I believe in abstinence and waiting till marriage. If you don't have sex you don't get any STD'd and you don't get pregnant. Just because it's suppose to be cool or fun or some people find it as another notch on their belt I find it wrong. Please stop the teen epidemic and to keep it brief keep it in your pants. Sex is not something you do it's something you give up. the second you open up to that other person and you have sex you lose a part of you that you can never get back. Once you finally take that step you are no longer a child no longer considered innocent, and it you do it with more than one person, then you'll start to gain something nothing good. Once you give that part of you up and do it in excess you gain a reputation and thats something guys might find kewl but please stay true to yourself. If guys want you for just that then they really dont deserve you. Please take something from this, staying true to yourself and keeping your virginity is a good thing and if you can think of one fault that comes from not having sex, I'd love to hear about it.

on Aug. 16 2008 at 9:03 am
i dont get how you can say you lose a part of yourself when you have sex if you are a virgin. also, you said sex makes you lose innocence, nobody is completely "innocent", some people may do good things but they are not "innocnet". it is my belief that you are quick to judge. who cares what people do, as long as you aren't then what's the problem?

petruchio99 said...
on Aug. 14 2008 at 12:44 am
Good points and well written, but perhaps you could expand your argument a little bit more. Several points in your opinion piece could be further articulated into mulitiple paragraphs with examples and anecdotes. Well done!