My Philosophy Of Life | Teen Ink

My Philosophy Of Life

Everybody has a different view on the world. All citizens have a different opinion on how people should act and what traits make a good person. Some one might consider loyalty, honesty and tolerance to be very important. I agree that these traits are vital, but I believe that the ability to be optimistic is the most essential trait. I also think having a sense of humor and a smile is very important.

Voltaire once said “Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboat.”This is one of my favorite quotations. Human existence isn’t flawless, but why should we dwell on the imperfections of life when we can smile at the almost faultless. I believe that life is too short to waste on negativity. Being positive means looking out the window at a thunderstorm and saying “This is good, the plant will be watered” or “don’t worry, it will clear up.” I consider myself to be very positive; I always look at the bright side of a bad situation. This is one of the keys to my happiness.
If you look up the definition for laugh in a dictionary, it would say “To make sounds from the throat while breathing out in short bursts or gasps as a way of expressing amusement.” Laughter is much more than that. It is like a cure for cancer or an umbrella in the rain. Laughter can shield you from the harmful rays of grief, if exposed to these rays you are at risk of a frown and/or tears. I believe comedians are the true doctors of this world. They give you a free prescription every time you come to there office. Laughter truly is the most effective and side effect free medicine in the world.

A smile is one of the only gestures preformed and understood by everybody in the world. Whether you are from India, France, or Germany, you smile in the same language. It is a universal welcome. A smile has the power to make someone’s day, if you smile at someone they will probably smile back. Therefore, smile all the time, pretty soon the whole planet will wear a happy grin. I believe that life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it.
This is my philosophy of life. Laugh your heart out, think optimistically, and don’t forget to smile. I imagine the world to be a happy and safe place for all who inhabit it. I have the power to make the world a better place. You have that power to make the world a different place too, how are you going to change it?