Are 13 year olds more responsible behind the wheel than 18 year olds | Teen Ink

Are 13 year olds more responsible behind the wheel than 18 year olds

June 5, 2008
By Anonymous

Are 13 year olds more responsible behind the wheel than 18 year olds?




There are a lot of people who want to drive but are under aged. Some are even more responsible than 18 year olds. Some people don’t ever get their drivers license because they never pass their driving test, there not responsible, or their just lazy But some people who aren’t old enough to drive are better drivers than the people who can drive.

Everyone who drives a car has to listen to all the speed limits. The speed limit is 15 miles per hour in a school zone. It is 30 miles per hour in business or residential areas.
It is 55 miles per hour on public highways unless the sign says something else. There are a lot of places where you cannot park your car like in an intersection, on a crosswalk or sidewalk and a lot more.

There are also signs on the curb like white, yellow, blue, and red. White is where you can only stop for a short time. Yellow is where people load there stuff. Blue is a handicap crossing. Red is a fire zone. John Hayter says that two thirds of teenage deaths is caused by drunk driving.

I think that some 13 year olds are more responsible than some 18 year olds. I think that schools should give a test or something like that to determine if you are responsible enough to drive. If you pass they should give you driving lessons. Then 4 months later they should give you a more advanced test and a driving test. If you pass they should give you a driver’s license.
Also I think that if 13 year olds could drive they won’t crash as much as older people because they can’t drink alcohol. If you get a ticket I think that you shouldn’t be able to drive for 2 weeks without an adult.

Last year I needed to go get tickets for this movie and my mom was running late coming back from work. So I go there an hour later and they’re out of tickets. So that kind of made me mad that I couldn’t drive. My uncle in Pakistan started driving when he was 12 years old. I don’t think he had a driver’s license though.

I know that a lot of people would consider a 13 year old behind the wheel a joke but some 13 year olds might be better drivers than 18 year olds. Also a lot of parents would be worried about their kids but that’s why they have to take a test.

I’ve seen a lot of movies that a kid drives and a lot of bad things happen. That’s what some people might expect from a 13 year old. Some are even better drivers then 18 year olds.

I’m not trying to say that every 13 year old is responsible enough to drive. There are 13 year olds that are irresponsible. Same with older people by getting high and driving, drunk driving, or taking drugs or something like that.

I think that 13 year olds should be able to drive. There are some 13 year olds that are irresponsible same with 18 year olds. But some 13 year olds are overqualified to drive. There might be some people who might like the idea and some people who hate the idea. I think that 13 year olds should be given a chance.