What is Fashion? | Teen Ink

What is Fashion?

What is fashion? To people there are many different takes on what is or isn’t fashionable wether its outdated overalls and fanny packs or Valentino gowns and Jimmy Choo shoes everyone has a different personal style which makes them simply unique. Everyday people are judged by what they wear. People who wear Abercrombie and Fitch or Hollister are clearly labeled or judged as a prep. People think if you wore clothes from Walmart or a discount store then you are labeled as less fortunate. So what’s the big deal? Its just clothes why does there always have to be a separation or judgment on it. It just doesn’t make sense. I think anyone can be fashionable because to me its your personal style that makes you it. The thing that really grabs my attention is that judging peoples clothes and styles has become a job now. If you watch tv or read the magazines people research what trends there are and what is outdated, and in the world of Hollywood people invest so much money to look good that they would even hire a personal stylist which is just outrageous. So to me in my eyes it doesn’t matter what you wear and what your take on fashion is...If you feel good about yourself and have that inner confidence then that’s all that really matters.