Why People Should Eat Cupcakes | Teen Ink

Why People Should Eat Cupcakes

When it comes to sweets, there are hundreds of desserts to choose from. If you want to eat for the moment, however, the trendiest, most delicious, and most popular dessert right now is cupcakes. Not only are they delicious, but they’re cute too. They’re the perfect size for a one-person dessert you never feel like you’ve eaten too much. They’re not just for kids anymore; they can be dressed up to be served at the fanciest wedding or dressed down for casual get-togethers. They are portable and easy to serve to a crowd. Everyone gets an equal share, so nobody feels they didn’t get enough. Basically, there’s no reason why someone would want to turn one down. I feel that everyone should eat cupcakes. Even when competing with the likes of Bananas Foster or Crème Brulee. Cupcakes have a simplistic air that can surprise you with flavors like white chocolate raspberry or bittersweet lemon drop. So, if you want to eat something sweet and satisfying, but at the same time “tres chic”, you should be eating cupcakes!

The first benefit to cupcakes is that they’re easy to make. When you feel like baking your own quick, tasty dessert, you can make cupcakes just by buying the batter, mixing it up, pouring it in the pan, baking the cupcakes, and finally frosting them. The term cupcake dates back to 1828 when the tradition of weighing ingredients was changed to measuring in cups. The name also had a double meaning as the practice of baking in small cups like tea cups was developed. The small cups were much faster to bake in hearth ovens than the large cake pans that had been previously used (E. Leslie’s Receipts of 1828).Cupcakes gained popularity through the 1900’s because of their ease in baking. What makes them even better is that you can decorate them any way you want to! You can also make them as whatever you’re craving, whether you want simple vanilla cupcakes or something more complex like chocolate almond mocha cupcakes, you can satisfy your craving.

Who knows better than Martha Stewart when it comes to culinary delights? Last week on her popular television show the theme was “Cupcake Week”, and it featured some of her personal favorite cupcake recipes. Other celebrities also can’t get enough of this cupcake craze! As reported on People.com, Paris Hilton has ordered cupcakes from Mrs. Beasley’s, a popular bakery that sells gourmet cupcakes. Blake Lively, a star on the popular show “Gossip Girl”, states in a magazine article that her favorite cupcake is the red velvet flavor from the famous Sprinkles Cupcakes store in Beverly Hills (Cosmogirl). Cupcakes even graced the cover of the most recent issue of Bon Appetite magazine.

Some people think cupcakes are just for kids, but they are much more than that. They have been creating a buzz in the dessert industry and are suitable for just about every occasion. Cupcakes let you have a moment of cake but on a personal level. And depending how you decorate them, they can be served at a backyard barbeque or an elegant gala. The cupcake has gone gourmet, it’s become playful, hip, and glamorous all at the same time. Bakeries have opened all over the country with people waiting in lines out the door just for cupcakes!

So rather than looking at another boring plate of crumbly, dry cookies, reach for your own personal creation. Cupcakes can be what you want them to be: creative and fun, simple and delicious, or elaborate and designer. They are delicious, cute, trendy, fun, and easy to share. With all their benefits, not to mention popularity at the moment, they are the best dessert choice on the menu! Some may say they are messy to eat but it is worth every crumb. And if you use a fork, you can enjoy every morsel without spilling any on yourself. I feel that everyone should eat cupcakes. The fact is that they are easy to make and share and that celebrities and non-celebrities alike can’t get enough of the delightful delicacies. They used to be just for kids but not anymore. They’re here to stay and shouldn’t be missed when it comes to dessert.

hhuihuiuui said...
on Apr. 21 2015 at 5:46 pm
good i agree