Trix Are For Kids? Not Anymore. | Teen Ink

Trix Are For Kids? Not Anymore.

Have you ever submerged a spoon into a delicious bowl of Trix cereal? The mouth-watering fruit shaped cereal pieces melting in your mouth. Walking down the breakfast aisle at the local food market is not exciting anymore because the beloved Trix have gone haywire. Trix puffs are the new "fad," but what is so great about a puff? Wouldn't it be better to eat something that looks healthy like fruit instead of a round and boring chunk of a so-called puff? Trix cereal should change their cereal pieces back to fruit shapes.
Doesn't everyone want to be unique? Puffs are one of the most popular cereal shapes around today (Reeses' Puffs, Cocoa Puffs, etc.) so why would Trix want to follow the crowd? Maybe for marketing reasons, but if that's the case, it may not be working. If someone was to shout out the word watermelon, the first thing that would most likey come to mind would be an image of a watermelon. With a watermelon in mind, people think of the old fruit shaped Trix. That image would definitely make a big ol' bowl of Trix sound absolutley scrumptious. And by eating that big bowl of cereal, General Mills is making it's money. Now, on the other hand, if someone shouted out the word watermelon, there would be no direct link to Trix because the shapes are no longer fruit shapes.
"It tastes alright, but i don't like the fact that there is a rabbit on the box and the cereal is shaped like rabbit droppings" said an online review. As funny as it sounds, he has a point. Now that the Trix are puffs, they could be mistaken for the silly rabbit's droppings. It may seem far-fetched, but if people are reading this review, they may start thinking the same thing. And rabbit droppings don't make Trix sound very appetizing anymore.
Originally puffs, Trix changed their ceral pieces to fruit shapes back in 1992. The fruit shapes were a huge hit, which is why it confuses many people why it would be changed back to puffs again. As General Mills' best selling cereal, Trix undoubtedly has a reputation for being loved by millions. Changing from puffs to fruit to puffs could be a way to surely lose profits. General Mills needs to just stick with a shape and leave it. But with such fruity flavors, it's only appropriate keeping the cereal peices as fruit shapes.

on Aug. 16 2008 at 9:11 am
is this really worth writing an opinion piece over? and have you considered that puffs are cheaper to make and therefore more beneficial to the company?