Speak Your Mind | Teen Ink

Speak Your Mind

Pointless. The word that seems to pop into mind quite often for anyone, but rarely slips from thought to actual sound because when you say something there is the feeling of it having more truth then when you think it. No one ever wants to admit defeat, regardless if it’s written on your face; bolded and highlighted as an obnoxious reminder every time you glance in the mirror. It’s rather difficult to allow a person the chance of walking in your shoes when they seem to be double knotted infinitely to your feet with the refusal of ever loosening. With each day there is the best of the best, and the worst of the worst and sometimes just stopping to wonder if there is anyone, anyone at all who fully and completely understands…well that is all it takes to break you down to pieces; you show a part of yourself you never even thought you held; still, it never automatically skips to meaning defeat and there are many of times that feeling of such overwhelm is misinterpreted. And as those emotions you always knew you kept inside, but smothered out of fear, start rising to the surface, you seize to keep your composure intact and that control you once greatly had in your grasp starts slipping through your fingers, you start losing to the fact of being human. The admittance to being human is the allowance of being vulnerable. But maybe every once in awhile being vulnerable is exactly what someone needs to prove the capability of their strength. There will always be a time when it feels like nothing will ever change the way it already is and no matter what is done, time will never stop even for a split second to let you breathe evenly. In……out; everything positive always seems to be at a distance, too far out of your reach. Trying, and trying, and putting in twice as much effort to try even harder will never guarantee success. You will fail numerous times, and until that fact is accepted, success may never come, unless chanced upon. Fall down; scrape a knee every now and then. No one is perfect, and no one will ever be, and the more lying about it to the world, the more awareness of who you are starts to slow. Perfect is a dream, not reality. But noticing that everyone else around is just as imperfect is what should bring the smile upon your face. Pointless is pointless in itself. No one ever really wants to know it, for its when that feeling is felt that everything really is…pointless.
It goes to show you realize a lot when life is shoved in yer face. The mistakes you’ve made in the past, the mistakes yer likely to make in the future. You come to find that you’ll lose people to make yerself happy. As selfish as most things are, you need to do for yerself sometimes. The people you need are the ones who need you. And if someone realizes that they don’t need you, why should you need them? Sacrifices are made each day with either acceptance or a must. I guess that’s the way life is supposed to be. You need to go through a lot of wrongs before you can actually appreciate the rights; make mistakes to learn from them as you go. But why not learn from other’s mistakes besides yer own? You ignore the facts and dwell on everything else; focused in on what makes life as horrible as it is. But with that, you see it through such a negative perspective that makes every step you take… another mistake. Instead, why not take it as what it truly is; a chance to become what you want to become despite the ignorance of others, an opportunity at the existence of love, at laughter filled friendships, at life’s beauty itself. It’s amazing once you challenge yerself and accomplish all that wanting. Let love take a hold of yer heart, let it go through unbearable situations that make you feel like nothing else exists or put it to the end of it’s rope, learn from those experiences and direct yerself in the path that is much more breathtaking. Make many friends and at the end of everything, whoever is left standing by yer side is the visible proof of true friendship. Make life’s little moments worth it all. Allow the big things to pass and focus on everything that is unnoticed and ignored by the rest. Life will never go easy on you, so be there to give it hell back. Speak yer mind, whether no one wants to hear you. Love, whether it’s neither expected nor accepted. Apologize, whether you we’re right or wrong, because when it comes down to it, nothing is worth the trouble you go through to prove it. Live moments to their fullest. Each second you waste is time you won’t get back. So fill each minute, each hour, each day with a voice, with laughter, with respect….with who you are. Make it yer own.