OMG BECKY .... LOOK AT THOSE PANTS! | Teen Ink

OMG BECKY .... LOOK AT THOSE PANTS!

April 10, 2008
By Anonymous

“OMG look at that penguin! Wobble, wobble!” Honestly this is what sometimes goes through my mind when I see those GINORMOUS jeans going half way down someone’s waist! Hello? Doesn’t any one remember that the way to solve it is to do it the Steve Urkel way…SUSPENDORS!

Currently at my school for who knows what reason, having your pants below your waist is in for the season…and all year long. Why is it that people think it is ‘cool’ to be walking from side to side as if they had trouble walking? And the worst part is that they wear a belt that doesn’t even hold up their pants, my advice would be to just get rid of the belt, its only going to weigh their pants lower. (Maybe that’s their purpose, who knows?)

There are two sources of whom we can blame for this fashion disaster; parents and the school administration. When students go and buy their pants they go looking for a size that’s four times bigger than their actual size. If you want to fit into that size 42 then gain some weight so that they don’t fall to the ground, you wouldn’t want to get them dirty now would you? The smart thing for the parents to do is to go and assist their children in what they buy, that way they can stop them from buying those parachute like pants.

As for my school, one way that it is believed to solve this problem is the awakening of uniforms… (Oh no!) But let the truth be told, uniforms will not solve the wobbling through the halls. The school needs to imply strict rules upon any one that is seen with their boxers popping out of those pants. For example, when I was in middle school, my science teacher also shared this pet peeve, so much that she would actually go around chasing these criminals of fashion. The next thing she would do is give them a pair of suspenders to wear, (Yeah Urkel is back in the house!). I personally was a fan of this, method, and think that my school should imply it. It will defiantly start to scare those pants right back up to their waists!