Life is a Game

Have you ever felt like you don't know where you are going? Like when you look at your life and don't know a thing about your future? What's going to happen tomorrow? Where will I be in 10 years? It's easy to feel this way especially when you are young. The pressure peers put on you can sometimes make you feel like they're better than you and that you should be dressing like this, or acting like that. Middle school can be some of the hardest years for this in particular. You see, middle school is like a game. Everybody is trying to prove themselves. People are changing, meeting new people, and sometimes can try to show they are better than others. But for some people, they struggle to keep up. If you think about it, your whole life is a game. Most people might think that to win, they have to reach the finish first with the most property. But the real winners, the wise ones, finish the game the way they started. By being themselves.

socks.and.socks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very true. Middle school is a screwy time in your life where you lack a solid sense of identity. Play your game with good intentions. Play your game with thoughtfulness. Play your game with a degree of skepticism. Love your work and good luck!

ladybugsrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:52 pm :
Wow thank you so much! I see that some of your work has been published in the magazine! How incredible! How did you do it? How did it feel to have your work being printed for many many others to read? ok enough with the questions, haha thanks again for commenting! I hope you reply soon!

HeartandSoulequalsInspiration said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:09 am:
That was beautiful! and i truly must agree. :) i love the way you use your words. Its like being in the same room with someone and having them speak to you. Truly inspired. ;) Bravo!!!!!!

HeartandSoulequalsInspiration said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:09 am:

Sept. 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm :
Thank you so much! I will be sure to check out your poems and I hope you will check out more of mine! Thanks!

McCauliflower said...
Life is definitely a game and we're all the players. I wrote something similar to this awhile back, thanks for inspiring me to rewrite it :D  

Sept. 10, 2012 at 7:41 pm :
thank you so so muuch! u r incredible at poetry and soo sweet!! ill check out the rest of ur poems right away!!