Apologies Accepted VS Revenge | Teen Ink

Apologies Accepted VS Revenge

By seewithneweyes BRONZE, Schenectady, New York
seewithneweyes BRONZE, Schenectady, New York

everybody talks and everybody listens, but somehow its the truth that always comes up missing.
-drake

“Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me” is a flat out lie. This saying only addresses one type of bullying; did you know that there are six different types of bullying? This saying only addresses physical bullying, when fists hit flesh. Girls tend to keep some decency and don’t hit, kick, or punch but do something far worse and more effective. They whisper and look and gossip and manipulate, tease and lie. They ruin their victim’s lives slowly but thoroughly. But it may be indirect bullying but it sure still makes their lives a living heck.
That doesn’t matter though because physical or mental, bullying is bullying and this cannot continue. We need to pay attention to all bullying no matter what the situation. Did you know that 10% of kids get bullied on an everyday basis?
Bullies bully because they’re either insecure about themselves or possible because they don’t have a great environment living at home. Bullies just want to fit in too… isn’t that the reason why we can’t get along in this crazy world? Haven’t we felt there has to be one top member in our society? Hasn’t that been a natural human feeling since we were put on this earth? We may have a democracy in politics, but we still have a president, but how can we reassure the children of this new generation that there doesn’t have to be one top kid on top of the food chain?
Now bullies and bystanders, this is out to you. Bulling the less fortunate makes you feel better? Because it makes you feel like you’re in control, right? Well that’s just wrong power, control? It’s all wrong, we have freedom don’t we? Anyways kids are now coming to the end of the road and jumping off because they think they can’t find a better alternative. Now does that satisfy you? Didn’t think so because we are (believe it or not) all human in this race, and we all deserve the right to have an equal shot at life. But bullies and bystanders, you’re even taking away our freedom of that!
I know that girls can be mean and can turn your life upside-down, but do you know what their motivation is? They see you as weak. Be strong, make yourself look as if you are not worthy of being bullied. Be confident and confront them, don’t get revenge. Find it in yourself to forgive because that is a bully’s weakness. I would know from being a girl and having my own personal experiences with my friends and my friend’s friends.
So let’s all take a stand against bulling because their self esteem and ego are just as important as yours. Bulling needs a punch! “Sticks and stones can break my bones but I don’t have to let it hurt me.”

Something needs to be done about this issue, it cant be ignored for much longer.
This also was an assignment from my L.A teacher

on May. 28 2012 at 4:04 pm
Awesome article which makes very legitiment observations about our nation