Mr.Green | Teen Ink

Mr.Green

I believe that entering your first year of high school is a scary and stressful time for all teenagers. You get confused, lost, and frustrated with everything that goes on. You don’t know what to do, and you don’t know anyone so you’re afraid to ask. Getting teachers and staff members to help you is always a good thing to do, but if they are rude and just outright mean, then you don’t want to ask for help anymore. For me, the first day of 9th grade was sort of like this. I was extremely confused and didn’t have a clue what to do. When I got to business class that day, things changed for the better.
The teacher was a lean man with glasses and a green pen in his shirt pocket. Then he introduced himself to the class. Ironically, his name was Mr. Green; and it seemed that he was a pretty cool guy. It was his first year at D.M.A., and was the 9th grade business teacher. Throughout this school year, I have noticed his great sense of humor. Every time that I enter his classroom, there is some kind of joke or funny voice that he is making up. Not every teacher can be humorous and actually be funny, but Mr. Green makes the cut.
During classes, kids need help with things when they don’t understand a concept or problem. Some teachers may not guide you through it, but just tell you to figure it out on your own. I know that whenever I ask Mr. Green for his help, that he always leads me towards the answer or helps me through the dilemmas that I come across. When he gives you something to do, like a worksheet or problem on the board, he will ask the call to ask him if you need any help with the task. While we are doing our work, he walks around the room and makes sure that we are doing our work the right way. He knows pretty much everything about Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Mr. Green is always saying that our class is his favorite, but other classes say that he says the same thing about theirs. This is still a great way to boost self-esteem in the kids because the try harder to make the teacher like them. He always welcomes people into his classroom with a positive attitude and says his adieus at the end as we depart to our next class. If you make a mistake in your work or activity, he won’t criticize you in anyway. Whenever I encounter Mr. Green, he always seems to be happy and never in a bad mood.
As you can see, Mr. Green has many great attributes that make him one of the best teachers that I have ever had in my school career. Because of his great attitude and positive feedback and help he gives, I have nominated him for my essay. Overall, he is fun and outgoing and loves to see his students strive for excellence. This school year is going by very fast, but I still hope to have fun in his class and finish out the year. I would like to thank him for being such a great teacher, and to keep up the good work.