Halloween | Teen Ink

Halloween

By A K BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota
A K BRONZE, Mitchell, South Dakota

Halloween means many different things to many different people. For some it’s a chance to break out of their shell and be whoever they want to be. For others it’s that one time a year where they can scare the crap out of people and not get in trouble for it! For me and my friends though, it just a time to hang out, a time to dress- up, watch some scary movies, and get free candy together! I think Halloween is an awesome holiday!

Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without scary movies!! My friends and I always come before sunset to get us ready for the night. This year “my friends” will consist of Brenna, Savannah, Gracie, Morgan, and Chelsie. We are going to be starting out this year’s movies with our favorite, Insidious!! I can’t wait to stay up all night and watch movies!!

I don’t exactly get where the name Halloween comes from because if it were up to me it would probably be called the costume holiday. This year I am going to be Blossum, the powder-puff girl! My friend Savannah is Bubbles, Brenna is Buttercup, Gracie and Chelsie are Mo-Jo-Jo-Jo, and Morgan is the evil scientist! We all planned out what we are wearing and bought them this past weekend at my birthday party!! Dressing up for Halloween is always a blast!

The all- time, best part, about Halloween is definitely Trick- or- Treating! This year the Powder- Puff gang and I are going to be cruising around town on foot! We are going to start by 15th Street since it is usually the busiest and most decorated, and then we will move out towards the country. Out of all the candy that is given on this day my absolute favorite are the suckers that they give out. I would trade all my candy just to get more suckers! I like candy ?

No matter how old you are or how cool you think you are, no one can deny liking Halloween. Every kid, old or young, likes spending time with friends and getting free candy. Who doesn’t? No matter what my age is I will never get tired of Halloween. When it comes to Halloween I’m like a fat kid in a candy store, I’m never stopping!