What About Us?

Here's to the kids who try their hardest to be good enough for everyone, who spend hours reading random quotes to find the right one, who listen to the same song dozens of times because the lyrics mean a lot. They deserve so much more than they get and are willing to fight for it. Who's wish upon a shooting star was wasted on someone that will never even care... How can people be so ignorant to push others aside as if they are nothing for what they believe in and who they are? I used to be one of them. They are the one's who have the most creativity because they are different.They stick together like no one else and will fight to the death for those they care about because they are accepted. I remember being told when I was young that the world would be better if I was dead, and I believed people for a long time. I made more attempts to make my life than I even remember because it hurt so much. But I found people who cared and it changed my life. Sadly, my story is all too familier with too many kids in our generation today, and sometimes these kids cause harm to themselves and succeed in taking their lives. We can make a difference. These kids I speak about are considered different, outcasts, weird. Weare the round pegs in the square holes. We are unique and beautiful. We are just like anyone else, just our own people. So, what about us?