Its Not Your Life | Teen Ink

Its Not Your Life

By SweetDarkness PLATINUM, Merced, California
SweetDarkness PLATINUM, Merced, California

"After rain comes a rainbow."
"All we can do is hope for a better tomorrow."
"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind." -Gandhi
"an illusion can only last so long before it gives up its secrets."

Trying to shape the course of another person’s life is never a good idea. What this means is trying to take control, paving the way, or taking over is purely wrong and not a good idea. Allowing someone to live their life is allowing them to achieve their goals; not letting them live their life is doing the exact opposite. Shaping someone's life for them will not let them grow up to be their own person. If something were to happen to once you began to shape a person’s life they may not know who they are or who they are supposed to be.

Allowing someone to live their life is allowing them to achieve their goals. Not letting them live their life is doing the exact opposite. For example, if someone has a vision to be a specific person and you poison their mind with a different idea, that vision could be lost. That could have been the cure to cancer. This shows that fantastic dreams are lost because people who were not given their childhood try to take someone else's. In addition, taking someone else's childhood could cause them to do the same thing to another child. All this shows is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is because losing something you love and seeing a chance at gaining it back again can cause someone to jump inconsiderately at the opportunity. Furthermore, thinking of the child who is forced to give up their childhood to an adult is just unfair. This is because knowing what they lost as a child does not hold them back from being blind to the way the child may feel. The shaper may say, "I'm helping them become a better person." But the truth is everyone is born to live their life and become who they want. As a result, I believe that everyone should live their life their way and request help IF they themselves want it.

Shaping someone's life for them won't let them become their own person. For example, they will be growing into who the shaper wants them to be. This shows that the person loses all control of their life because someone else decided to take over. This is because someone decided to pick left when the child wanted to go right. In addition, if the person wanted to go in a different direction and follow their own interests yet they have to go another direction by force, they are having their lives thrown at them. This shows that the person may lose sight of who they want to be because all along the way they won't even know who they even are. Furthermore, knowing who you are is a part of being human, that's what life is all about. Isn't it? This shows that with a path paved for you, you are not living, because you're just a shell for someone else to put their dreams inside of. Everyone is born to live their life and become who they want. Everything may happen for a reason, but there are always multiple sides to the story; people need to start listening.

If something were to happen to the shaper, the child may not know who they are nor who or what they are supposed to become. For example, if the shaper were to get into an accident and lose their life, the shaped life would deteriorate and the guinea pig would have to start all over. This shows that beginning something not guaranteed to be finished is a bad idea. This is because starting over can be hell. In addition, one may say, "Oh no, that won't happen to me!” all this shows is ignorance because did you know you would lose your child hood? Or that you would take someone else's? Everyone is born to live their life and become who they want to be. You never know what can happen so prepare yourself for the worst and not begin to take away another’s life.

Trying to shape the course of another person’s life is never a good idea. The goals they have and the dreams they may have had will be crushed. Also, independence would just be some random word that they may have heard; and most importantly, they would never know who they are or who they could have become. Everyone is born for a reason. That reason is to live. Stand back and hold up some pompoms. Drop that stop sign.

initially this was just a random essay for my English class but i got so into it and felt what i was writing so much that i just had to post it.