Pro Vaccinations | Teen Ink

Pro Vaccinations

March 7, 2012
By Anonymous

Why are vaccinations a problem? Do they cause harmful symptoms or affects? Do vaccines work for everyone? If you are asking yourself these questions, you are not alone. Lots of people, including parents who are against vaccines do not approve of some of the general problems about vaccines such as what may be in them, side effects, and the general well being of others. Some may argue with this fact. Vaccines are one of the most debated topics in today’s society. Vaccines help people in many ways when it comes to their health, including the general population.


I remember when I was little my mom took me to get my vaccinations before I started my school year. At first I didn’t understand why, but as I grew older I began to understand how vital vaccinations were. In fact the vaccinations I got helped keep me safe from harmful disease. Some parents simply don’t want their children to get vaccinated for the school year due to their own beliefs and Ideas on Vaccines. Children are actually 100 times more likely to get struck by lightning than to suffer from a severe case of an allergic reaction to the vaccine itself. Vaccines help keep children, and adults safe, and healthy. Without them where would we be today? Where would our medical advances be? What would we use to cure our diseases and illnesses? How could you save millions of people’s lives, suffering from the same problem? These are some reasons why we need vaccines. In all honesty people who don’t want to get a vaccination are not only putting themselves in danger, but they are also effecting the general population. For example in 1975, Japan stopped vaccinations against Pertussis. They had gone from having only 373 cases of Pertussis to 13,000 cases and 41 deaths. People come in contact with each other every day of their lives, exposing themselves to illnesses that could be prevented by vaccines, such as measles, chicken pox, H1N1, Pertussis, and numerous others.
In our world today, doctors are coming up with new vaccines to cure cancers, and other disease and illnesses. Millions of people are just waiting for a new vaccine that helps cure or prevent disease. So why go through the trouble of debating on whether or not to get vaccinated? It may be because of the symptoms that vaccines have on people. Vaccines won’t work for everyone, in most cases people get a rash around the area of injection, and may become nauseas. In other cases the symptoms become extensive, but this rarely happens.
Vaccines are a major part in our world today. It has helped cure and prevent disease keeping people healthy and living long healthy lives. It is one of the greatest medical advances of our time. In order for the general population to be healthy, and to keep children safe from disease and illness is by people vaccination of themselves and their loved ones. So Keep yourself safe and vaccinate.