Life's Happy Moments | Teen Ink

Life's Happy Moments

By BlueJayne SILVER, Columbus, Ohio
BlueJayne SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"Life is not measured by the amount of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Don't you think it's funny how depressing life can be? I mean you go through it and all everyone talks about is how bad and hard and miserable life is. You never hear about the good things in life. You never hear about the couple who for years were trying and failing to have a baby and she delivered a healthy baby girl today. Or about the little old lady who sits outside on her rocker in the afternoon and watches the world go by with her cup of sweet tea in her hands. Or about the girl who made the leading role in her spring musical. Or how about the boy who finally asked the girl of his dreams to prom and she said "yes". Now these people, for them life isn't depressing or bad or miserable. Right now their life is as happy and wonderful as can be. Now yes, they might hit some rough spots but, they will always remember the time when their life was its happiest. So, you see life isn't always depressing and a lot of the time the happy things out weigh the depressing and bad things.