Childhood obesity | Teen Ink

Childhood obesity

February 20, 2012
By BreMarieAutwell BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
BreMarieAutwell BRONZE, Coppell, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! (Mathew 7:12)


Childhood obesity can affect you badly because it can cause poly-cystic ovary syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and much more. Obesity can also be caused or helped by behavior and environment, and also your genetics can be a main part of that also. Whether it’s where you came from or in your blood either way if you gained it or if it runs in your blood. Stated by life-science.com Obesity means an excess amount of body fat.


The challenges of obesity can be tough and scary. As stated in emedicinehealthth.com, although rare in the past, obesity is now among the most widespread medical problems affecting children and adolescents living in the United States and other developed countries. About fifteen percent of adolescents (aged 12- 19 years) and children (aged 6-11 years) are obese in the United States according to the American Obesity Association. The numbers are expected to continue increasing. Child hood obesity represents one of our greatest health challenges. Obesity is not an easy subject because so many people have this disorder and it can affect them in many other ways.


Kids and teens like to blame their problems on other people well in this case it is a very bad thing it can even cause you to get taken away from your parents if you’re not careful. As staCNN.com “But since when is a parent to blame when a child ways too much -- or perhaps, in the case where the child doesn't way enough? The issue is more complicated than that. The boy’s mother told the plain dealer, “They are trying to make it seem like I am unfit, like I don't love my child. Of course I love him. Of course I want him to lose weight. Is a lifestyle change, and they are trying to make it seem like I am not embracing that. It is very hard, but I'm going to try.” It’s hard to understand what you’re going through when you are obese but you don't have to blame your parents it’s not their fault you should have self-control and be able to control what you eat.


Childhood obesity can be harmful in many ways but you should always take full responsibility if you turn out over weight but you should never blame your parents, even though part of it could be there fault because they raised you and let you eat based off the way they grew up. If they grew up eating unhealthy and continue to do so then you have to take responsibility and try to stop it and fix it before it turns out so bad it could be life threatening. With your help we can help stop or fix childhood obesity.