Stop Killing Animals for Their Fair | Teen Ink

Stop Killing Animals for Their Fair

Killing animals for their fur is just cruel and wrong. How would you feel if someone ripped the skin off of you and decided to make a coat out of you? Across the United States, there are “fur farms” where people cage animals. They keep them in unbearably cold temperatures to make their fur thick enough and then they are made into coats. More than 40 million animals die each year just to be made into coats. I don’t know about you, but I think that is ridiculous and needs to end now.

Did you know that it takes around 40 animals to make just one fur coat? Some of these animals are skinned alive and go through so much pain. Even before they are skinned they are in pain. They are forced to live in small cages and are given little or no food and water. Several animals have gone extinct because they are hunted nonstop for their fur.

Some of the innocent animals that are hunted include: mink, fox, bobcat, beaver, raccoon, chinchilla, and more. Sometimes nothing is even done with the meat of these animals. The people are worried more about the fur. Right now in the United States, there are no laws regulating fur bearing animals that are cage raised. The industry’s treatment is more concerned about the cost instead of the care of these poor animals.

If you still like the look and feel of real fur, there is another option. Instead of wearing real fur, you could wear faux fur. Faux fur is fake fur and can be made to look and feel the same as real fur. Also, faux fur is a lot cheaper. You could pay 3,000 dollars for a real fur coat that killed 40 animals or you could pay about 100 dollars for a coat that looks and feels just the same and killed no animals. Stores like Target and Forever 21 are already making clothes with faux fur on them. So next time you think about buying a real fur coat, think again because no animal should ever lose its life for fashion.

KindAudery said...
on May. 18 2016 at 5:38 am
i have seen a lot of fur coats in China and America. There are also a lot of hunters every where in America and i think the president of America should ban hunting

on Feb. 1 2012 at 3:55 pm
i think u meant stop killing animals for their fur not stop killing animals for their fair I LOVE THIS ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Feb. 1 2012 at 3:49 pm
i totally agree with you! no animal should be killed for fashion!!!!!!!!