Pet Stores | Teen Ink

Pet Stores

I,m writing a persuasion paper on how people should not buy from small pet stores unlike Petco or Petsmart etc. People should not buy from pet stores because they buy from puppy mills, mistreat animals, and do not give them the proper essentials they need to live. There are many more reasons that you shouldn't buy from pet stores. Tose are just a few of the many reasons.

First of all, they buy from puppy mills. Puppy mills are bad becausethe over breed the animals. They also separate the puppies from their mother at a very young age. They put them into over crowded cages. Then ship them of in small over crowded, and dirty crates. Some of them don't even live to get to the destination because of starvation and dehydration.

secondly, they mistreat the animals. They mistreat the animals by staving and dehydrating them. They put them in with animals not of their breed. For example they might put bunnies, rats, mice, and guinea pigs all in one cage. They put them in rooms of very hot or cold conditions.

Last but not least, they do not give them proper essentials they need to live. Most of the time they have bad water or no water at all and the same goes with food. Thay might also not provide the correct food for that animals deit. When the animals are sick they do not provide them with veterinary care.

Pet store owners simply don't care as long as they have money coming to them. People need to care more about the health of animals. Remember animals have feelings just like ours they can be happy, sad, or mad. We need to care more. People are just to lazy to take charge of what happens.