Pet Peeves | Teen Ink

Pet Peeves

I, personally, have a lot of pet peeves. Why? I don’t know. For example, I can’t stand floods. What are floods? Really short pants. Other examples: people trying to act funny and they’re not, crooked pictures, or odd numbers. The two things that bother me the most are chomping gum and weird names.

Chomping gum is quite a common pet peeve. I hate it! I’m not the0 biggest fan of gum either, so people chomping it just drives me nuts. Especially when you ask them to stop and they just come really close to your ear and chomp louder. Oh, it gives me chills.
Now weird names are not quite as common. I come from a family that has billions of weird names like- Zandrielle, Awnaka, Dak, Tarquin, and even JUPITER! I don’t know where people come up with these “so called” names. Maybe they want to be different? I don’t know. I guess my concern is what are these kids going to think of these names when they get older. Think of Jupiter being sixty years old. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate these people. They are my cousins and are really cute and funny.
You may think I’m weird and I may bug you. I may be one of your pet peeves. The thing about pet peeves is they are usually just little things. If you don’t think about them all the time and look for good things about people instead, you’ll find that most people have more good things then bad.