Magic | Teen Ink

Magic

By Eemaaa SILVER, Male', Other
Eemaaa SILVER, Male', Other

Almost everyone else doesn’t realize that we like in a world on magic; Connected by the silver filaments of chances and circumstances. But I knew all along.
See – this is my opinion – we all start out knowing that we are born with whirlwinds, hurricanes and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and reach to clouds, and see our destiny in grains of sand. But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it stretched out, trenched out and washed out, and combed out. Then, we are told to be responsible, and are often told to act our age. Do you have any idea why we are told to do so? It is because the people doing the telling are afraid of our wildness and youth, and the magic that we once knew. After we got so far from the magic, we cannot get it back. But, you are allowed to have seconds of it, just seconds – and those seconds are later marked as the significant moments of our lives.
When people get weepy at movies; it is because in that dark theater – the golden pool of magic is touched; just briefly. And then they come out to the hard zone of logic and reason again, and the gold dries up. And they keep their hearts set to not knowing what is there to come.
When a song stirs a memory, when spots of dusts whirling in a ray of light takes your attention from the world, or when you listen to a train pass at the night from a distant railway, and you wonder where it might be going – you step beyond who you are, and where you are.
These are some of the briefest of instances in which you have stepped into the magic world. At least that is what I believe.

This is one of the many reasons why i think life is amazing :)

Eemaaa SILVER said...
on Feb. 29 2012 at 1:50 pm
Eemaaa SILVER, Male', Other

Thank you =)

I like your work as well - the spider's death .. I like how creative you are.

on Feb. 3 2012 at 8:25 pm
Eliquencity PLATINUM, Winfield, Illinois
Aw, what a nice piece. Love, peace, joy, relief, realization... Life can include great moments. God is good. Btw, your a good writer! Very inspirational, too!