rumors, sex and other stupid stuff | Teen Ink

rumors, sex and other stupid stuff

By NeverSayShhh SILVER, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
NeverSayShhh SILVER, Two Rivers, Wisconsin

\"i dont think your beautiful, i think your beyond it\" [lil wayne]

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'” ‘

-samwilson213

If you are one of the many teenagers or women that can relate to the above paragraph please keep reading.

I wish we could live in a world where a woman could wear whatever she wanted and still feel sexy. A world where everyone could walk around without any makeup and feel beautiful all the time, When I walk into the store I don’t want to see add after add with images of ‘perfect flawless’ women in every isle telling me that I need ‘this’ or ‘that’ for a better (more confident) me! And if I give in I still wouldn’t be like those girls, with their computer edited faces; I would still have flaws, flaws that make me; I may not always be okay with it but I do understand that.

I shouldn’t have to feel scared walking into school. Not because of physical harm, but verbal. Between Two Rivers (about 13-14,000people) and Manitowoc (around 33,000), rumors and unwanted secrets surface and spread like wildfire. If some one at a school is Prego the other city knows about it. Anything to talk about is everything to talk about. Us, as teenagers can be very clever, deceiving, and hurtful human beings that will do A LOT to get what we want. Yes, we do have a few up-sides but while at school, this doesn’t always show. Nothing else matters when we are trying to keep up a good rep. and stay away from social suicide.

So much has changed since we’ve been young kids, our thoughts actions, just the way we look at every day life… We live in the type of world where if you have curves your fat, if you happen to have guy friends that makes you a slut, ‘that’s what she said’ is part of an every day conversation and if you hear someone talk about ‘blowing’ you can be damn sure they are not talking about bubbles. But we’ve grown with this, so people assume that it’s okay. As human beings we cannot do anything without being judged or talked about. Nothing you do can ever just mean one thing. Everyone always has multiple ideas even when they know nothing about what you are talking about…

its not really finished but this is what i have so far...