The Create in Creativity | Teen Ink

The Create in Creativity

By young_writer BRONZE, Ashland, Alabama
young_writer BRONZE, Ashland, Alabama

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place

There is so much in my mind that I can't form into words. I always have the urge to write. However, having the way I see it in my head play out before it can be processed into words, and embedded on paper, is an excruciating way to watch the story in my head disappear.
Having a creative yet imaginative mind is the easy part. Not knowing what to do with it is the hard part. I could write hundreds of books about things that interest me. Yet, there will still be another hundred ideas that escape me. If creative-minded people could visually see everything they thought, and then write it out. Then there would be no doubt that we could say, "We've mastered the skills of what it truly means to be creative.
If every one looked up the word 'create'. They would think it is just another definition describing one of the billions of words out there. But when I look up 'create' I see the meaning in it. Not just the description. To create is to bring to existence. Putting things that do exist into a course of action.
God saw us, and created us. Therefore, putting us into existence. Creativity starts with an idea. There would be no world if God didn't create one. And there would be no persons if He didn't bring us to existence.
To be creative, doesn't mean one can do anything more or better than anyone. But to be able to imagine things, and see them for what they are. Which is; real. Existing, and here.

I was sitting at my computer thinking of yet another story that I could possibly write. I could see the story I was thinking in my head, play out like a movie. And right when I started to write. The movie ended. And I was left wondering what happened. I knew there was so much that had happened in that one little moment my mind processed it. Then there was nothing to write. Just like any show or movie you forget to watch, or just flat out miss. You can't find the information in your head. Because it's not there. People who go through this, are the most creative people I know. I feel like, maybe I can get the message across to them, letting them know that they're not alone out there. That someone out there like them, is going through the same struggles of being creative, but not knowing what to do with the bunches they have stored in that mind of there's. When I mentioned God, and all of his creations. That's letting everyone know that we were all created in His image. And seeing as how creative God, Himself was. We, as creative people, were handpicked special. Because God has given us a little of his own creativity. Hoping that one day, we will all come together as one creative mind, and create something that no one is going to see coming. You just have to think of it, and put it out there.

on Nov. 14 2011 at 5:11 pm
This article is very true, yet powerfully inspiring. I love how she mentions God, and His creations. Being creative myself. I know how it feels to want to be able to create the next big thing. It's so hard wondering how to start it. Young_writer gives me hope. I knew I wasn't the only one out there, but I've never seen someone actually write it out, and inspire the rest of us. Thank you, Young_writer. God Bless you