Speaking My Soul | Teen Ink

Speaking My Soul

October 27, 2011
By ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts
ElleAhre PLATINUM, Gloucester, Massachusetts
25 articles 4 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you can close your eyes to everything you do not want to see, but you can not close you heart to things you do not want to feel"


Art is the universal and individual language, from the time of birth everyone can view their surrounding and identify with an image; and yet everyone can interpret it differently. And to the day and age that we have come to be that still stands to be true, no matter what language we speak no matter how educated you are a picture of an empty cup will still be recognized as an empty cup. Depending, though, upon what the individual has born witness to they can see this empty cup in a million different ways, full of disappointment or possibility or as a symbol. I believe tat there is something truly special about a language everyone can initially speak, share, and recreate to reflect there own perspectives. I wish it was counted this way in today’s society.


The author's comments:
I want people to able to appreciat imagery the same way they would appreciate communications, like writing, not the way they do another hobby or sport. Its something more than that.