Quilt | Teen Ink

Quilt

By coyote.in.the.distance SILVER, Irving, Texas
coyote.in.the.distance SILVER, Irving, Texas

No one said life would be easy.They just said it would be worth it.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I say “quilt” is a way of showing love or the creator's feelings. To me it's not just a confy blanky but way much more than that. I believe that a quilt is a way of art. A way for someone to express themselves. A quilt is like the identity of the person and means great value to them. I feel that, when the needle is going through, the person creating the quilt is painting its feelings all over it. Or painting the picture in their soul. Quilts are like a part of someone or a feeling shown to others. A way of life.

What I think is amazing about quilts is that no other is the same. Its like we are each a quilt and there is no other like us. We can have the same patters maybe even the same colors but there will always be a difference. We are a piece of art. Quilts are mostly described as just a way to make time fly, but to me it is painting time.Quilts can be passed down from generation to generation telling a story or a memory that dose not want to be forgotten. They can share their sadness or happiness in silence. They are a part of something deep inside us. We just have to look between the patterns for it.