He Saves | Teen Ink

He Saves

By apw4994 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
apw4994 BRONZE, Auburn, New York

"For I know the plans that I have for you" says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

The beauty of an object, has a personal meaning behind it, for each eye that see’s it. The beauty of the cross has my life behind it, and other lives, as well. The cross symbolizes the sins, that my Lord and Savior gave his life for. Without Jesus Christ, I wouldn’t be going to heaven once I leave this earth. For it says in the bible, that God can only be involved with the purest and cleanest of us all. And because of Jesus Christ, all we have to do is ask for forgiveness and we are the purest and the cleanest of them all. There is more than meets the eye, when it comes to this not-so-simple piece of wood.

Tall and strong it stands as it watches over all of those who live their life serving him. The Lords light shines off of it, letting all know that he is there. It is worn around the necks of the proud and the honored. It doesn’t just symbolize a religion; it symbolizes a way of life and a future that awaits all of those who believe. It’s a beacon of hope for all in need. The cross is Gods love for us and what he was willing to give for us to be with him. He gave his only son, in return for all of his children that were created in his image. He gave his flesh and blood, so we would not have to give our own. God gave you a sin free life.

The cross is two planks of wood crossed over each other. The top plank of wood, is shorter than the bottom plank of wood. The cross stands about six feet tall by eleven inches wide and weights about one hundred pounds. The wood is a very dark brown in color and is strong enough to hold up a human body. Jesus Christ carried the cross to its position. Cross is actually the Greek word for upright stake or beam. Between the two planks there are three wholes. There are two wholes on the top plank and one whole on the bottom plank. There is one whole for each of Jesus’ hands and one whole for his feet. It is estimated that Jesus Christ carried the one hundred pound cross for about 0.2 miles. The 0.2 mile journey started in Praetorium and came to a life saving end in Golgotha. All of which is located in Jerusalem. This is somewhat of a gory image, but if you believe in what he died for and in heaven itself, than it is a vibrant and spiritually uplifting image.

This life-changing piece of craftsmanship is more than just a pendant on a necklace. This is a way of life, a beacon of remembrance, and a piece of heaven. I have described more than a decoration, I have described a pathway to paradise. A relationship with God, is the best gift that can be given. My relationship with God is my way, my love, and my life.

I wrote this piece of writing about one of the biggest parts of my life. God is everything to me and without him I would be nothing. He holds the entire world in his hands.I hope that this article will inspire others to follow the Lord.