Sitting in a war | Teen Ink

Sitting in a war

By Christian.A.Piper-777 PLATINUM, Decatur, Michigan
Christian.A.Piper-777 PLATINUM, Decatur, Michigan

"What you make of today comes with you for the rest of your life"

I find myself sitting on the moon at times. Watching the world go round silently on its eternal track. I see love and war, peace and hate. What has become of me sitting here doing nothing, wishing this all would stop. I'm not going to go to war if there is no true reason to be in war in the first place. What kind of person am I truly, or am I true in that matter. Finding a place to sit is the question. The answer sleeps in the heart that might have already been shot by a bullet made from Innocent knowledge of a lost future. That bullet might have had a point. We act at war like its fun, but either side has no true knowledge of what they are fighting for, they just do what their told.

I will watch the world in disappointment. I will feel the people with love and that waiting chip in their hearts of impending destruction. As I sit here, I too wait for the siren of truth. You might think you are winning when you take a heart and soul, what you don’t understand is that your destroying the world when you take a heart. You destroy the peace when you take a soul.

What you choose now will lead with you for the rest of your days, so I choose to sit and destroy myself by watching

War destroys the World

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Very, very true. 

Written very well! :)