Today I Think I Will... Create A Universe

Creation: It is such a simple word, with such a profound effect on the cosmos. The creation of the universe is a mystery. The creation of life is also a mystery, as well as a highly significant event around which lies a world of controversy. The most controversial issue around that topic is this question: are we alone in the universe?

The odds that the universe is absolutely devoid of all life besides that on Earth are highly improbable if thought of in this manner. Suppose the universe is endless, or suppose that there are an endless amount of universes (wait, what? Go look up M-Theory). We’re talking about infinity here. In theory it would not be possible to have an infinitely extending universe without also having life exist in its every possible configuration. In my opinion, an endless universe would even guarantee the existence of IDENTICAL replicas of our own planet, just due to the nature of infinity itself. Maybe some earths would have variations as well. Imagine an earth where the dinosaurs never went extinct, and the Allosaurus eventually evolved brains to become the dominant life form on the planet! The possibilities are truly endless. Look no further than your imagination to see what else could be conceivable.

This leads us to another intriguing question. Can our human population reach these other worlds? This is a tough one to answer. It is debatable whether we can, due to the immense distances involved. Even at light speed, it can take hundreds of years to reach a star. There must be another way to travel interstellar distances. What about using our brain power? Neuroscience is rapidly growing, yet there is still much to learn about the brain and its abilities. I believe our mind’s untapped power can open up new pathways to inter-dimensional travel. In fact, many people believe we already travel to other realms and dimensions in our dreams! I believe our minds can not only take us through to other dimensions, I believe they also contain the ultimate power of creation as well. I am saying that we can not only create soup recipes; or architectural blueprints; (which we obviously can) I am saying that we can bring whole universes into existence. I am saying that Tatooine exists, as well as Middle Earth. The mind is an extremely powerful entity, capable of reality-changing paradigms. Imagine if every single person on the planet believed that 2+2=6. Our whole math system would change! The real implication is this. I am saying that you, an intelligent human being, can tap into your imagination and create a unique universe with its own set of laws. Perhaps you will give your universe life as well, and create a customized system of interaction among that life. You do not have to be religious and believe in gods, or God, (depending on your faith). You only have to believe in yourself and the capabilities of your incredible mind in order to make a significant difference in the universe.

musicgirl1998This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:17 am:
This really made me think and I liked it. I am interested in becoming a neuroscientist, so this really was fascinating! Because of you, I am almost believing that this is true, and I do believe in the dream part. Very good!

Clear_SkiesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a pretty good article! I've seen many works that note the capacity of the human mind to create, but i've never thought about it that way before. Your article is very well written, but the first paragraph doesn't really draw people in. Other than that, I can't find any puntuational, grammatical, or whatever-ical errors in it. Great job!

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Phenominal! I think you have a gift for articulation. Your opinion pieces are incredibly interesting to read, and easy to understand.

Loving_Writing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 9:46 am:
Very well - written! You did a great job at presenting your beliefs and theories in such an interesting, yet orderly, fashion. I can't say I agree with your conclusion - but I certainly enjoyed the way it was written!

xXx_Fox_xXxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was "profoundly" interesting!!! I found actually pretty cool. I want to hear more of your ideas. There are theories that deminsions were formed during the big bang. (I dont believe in the big bang its just fun to toy with) So other "universes" (sp) could very well exsist in our own planet. No only that but with your dream theory you could say that it is possible to view these places. If we were able to use 100% of our brain imagine what we could do, when the 10% almost lets us... (more »)

O.Riet replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm :

You say that about reaching other planets in our dreams. That would explain some of them!!!

It was this jungel full of color (yes I dream in color) and there were these creatures that were pseudo (sp) shapeshifters. They couldn't change shape at will, they could only change if it was about self prservation (they lived a long time because of this). The planet was orbiting a different star, so it had a similar yearlength. It was realy cool! I should wright it and submit, shouldn't I?

O.Riet replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm :
Oh yeah. can I give this 10/10? only 5/5? Drat. how about 10/5? That doesn't work either? Then what can I do?! Oh!   *FAVORITE*

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm :
Thanks so much! It means a lot to me! And about your dream, you should definitely write it down and submit it. I would love to read it! If I can't actually have that cool dream, then the next best thing would be to experience it through writing. So submit away!

Ryan. said...
From a compostion standpoint, the diction level was very consistant. Very good topic to write about! The only thing is you chould have looped the article. ( starting with a theme,creation, and returning to it in the end. It gives the article a very profound effect to it if used. The ideas are spot on. Great job. Cant wait to hear more from you.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...

Well-written and articulate.

Good job :)

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:22 am:
This is a very though-provoking article! It makes me want to investigate the M-Theory you mentioned :)

Sleepyhead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 4:26 pm:
I love this! I am a huge believer in your theory, and you articulated it very well. 

Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:27 am :
That is wonderful to hear! I am glad that there are others who believe in the infinite possibilities that lie beyond our earth. Kudos to you!

TrilobiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:57 pm:
This was a very well written piece!  Also, from a scientific standpoint (I'm a huge science enthusiast), you listed each of the major mysteries surrounding the Universe and the human mind.  Good job!

AgnotTheOdd said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm:

AHH!!!! Not the parallel universe theory!  Actually I'd hazard to agree with you, if we assume the universe is infinite.  I desperatly want tatooine and a death star to exist.  Maybe even a universe where Dantooine wasn't destroyed!

Now, I have a counterargument for you.  If the universe is accelerating and expanding, which it is, then it can't be quite infinite, but it can be practically infinite, which is the next best thing.  This is especially... (more »)

Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:20 am :
Well, I'm very excited by your comment! It makes me happy to hear other's viewpoints and arguments. About the finite universe, well I agree that that is true, but to tell you the truth, I only listed that as a secondary idea, because I really believe in the infinite universes theory, which is also called M-Theory. This idea states that there are an infinite amount of universes that have also undergone the big-bang and are host to other life and ways of existence. This idea makes more sens... (more »)

AgnotTheOdd replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:41 am :
Ah, can't fault you on M-Theory and infinite universe.  'Cause after all, we hardly know about our own universe :P

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 3:48 pm:
Wow - that is a creative thought. I appluad you for thinking outside of the box! Well done!

Hippiealien said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 7:17 pm:
Written really well! There was just so much creativity and it was great article over all! :)

Shayna121 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 3:53 pm:

You only have to believe in yourself and the capabilities of your incredible mind in order to make a significant difference in the universe. Wow--powerful and beautiful and just plain amazing!