Youtube | Teen Ink

Youtube

May 24, 2011
By gstaff0369 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
gstaff0369 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Internet and computers have changed the way people live forever. One of the most influential and powerful aspects of the internet is Youtube. At a first look it seems all Youtube is useful for is entertainment and to pass some time. However, the uses of Youtube are endless if you know what your looking for. All the things you could ever want to see, learn, or experience are there for you at your fingertips.


From my own personal experience, thanks to Youtube, when I sit down in front of my computer, I’m sitting with my very own free personal guitar instructor. Youtube is filled with simple videos that allow you to educate yourself on almost any subject matter. Music theory is one of many subjects you can easily learn. Not only is the information almost limitless, but I can learn at my own pace. This aspect of Youtube is one advantage over learning as a group in a typical school.


Youtube allows you to see into new worlds as well. You can experience the lifestyle of people in India, tigers in the wild, or keep yourself up to date on the latest news broadcasts. The whole world is available for us to see from the comfort of our own homes.


Youtube has opened up much more than just entertainment to us. The most extraordinary things are available for us to see in fractions of a second now. With such limitless possibilities, it is impossible to ignore the enormous impact Youtube has had. Anybody almost anywhere can now share their own knowledge with the whole world. All it takes is a curious mind and a computer and the benefits are endless.