People | Teen Ink

People

By Annabel_lee SILVER, Sugar Hill, Georgia
Annabel_lee SILVER, Sugar Hill, Georgia

The fifth verse of 'Annabel lee' be Edgar Allen poe: and we love that was greater than love of those who were older than we, of many far wiser than we,but neither the angels in heaven above nor the Desmond under the sea, can ever dissever my soul.....

Here’s how I feel about people:

Broad topic, I know. People… People in general tend to be on the annoying side. Too caught up in their own life to care about how they affect others. I try to be nice to these kind of people, because they probably have some issue in their life, and are too ignorant to think of anyone else. Ignorance is bliss, right? So I don’t disturb their little self-absorbed bubble and try to stay out of their way. I do help them with their all-important issues when I can, though. It’s better to work and help a thousand, then help yourself, and make a thousand work for you. Christianity is founded upon being a slave, doing good, etcetera etcetera. As a follower of that religion I should follow its basic principal, at least. So I try to calm the raging narcissists this world is, sadly, covered with.

Then, you have those who I try to be like (though I am far from it.) The Mother-Theresa-in-jeans, type. The kind that do so much good in this world, you’re surprised they can’t make animals serenade them, like on Cinderella. It kind of sucks that they probably make up about 0.5% of the population.

And, before I forget, there’s that other type of people that’s widely recognized: The Followers. They tend to shift towards whatever opinion they’re confronted with. If they ever had any opinions of their own, then they’re gone now. They, as a person, cannot adhere to any specific group, or even thought, because they’re so moldable.

I’m not normally so binary, but I just made these categories based on extremes. You see, it’s more of a venn diagram than a list. There are so many shades of gray in humanity, though most fail to see as much.

People are animals. People do horrible things. People are inconsiderate. People in average are nasty, mean, uncaring, cruel, creatures. So don’t be average – be extraordinary. Be yourself, not just a person. Because, to be honest, being a person doesn’t sound all that great to me.

People suck. Flat out.