Why Does it Take a Disaster?

Learning about Pearl Harbor in my World History class has opened my eyes to the horrors of the real world. I began watching the news more closely and discovered that our world is truly full of war and hate. I realized that on December 7th, 1941 one of the most career-changing events happened for the president at that time. Franklin Delano Roosevelt had a choice to make that would prove to change the life of many young Americans. Later in the war Harry S Truman had a decision to make as well. His decision ended the war, saved America money, and saved American lives. Yet his decision also had 70,000 – 80,000 Japanese causalities. I have looked at these disasters and realized that disasters like these have brought America together. Neighbors forgot all arguments and joined in morning the deaths of many Americans. People all over the country reached out to the families of the military men killed. Why does is take a disaster to bring this country together? Why does it take a disaster for us to reach out to our neighbors? Think about it.

Marisa♥music said...
Good job, Demery!!!!! it was very good and great thinking. I've been wondering the same thing! XD FOR THOSE PEOPLE YOU SAY THIS ARTICLE ISN"T GOOD, you have to go through me.

Marisa♥Music replied...

Oh and this Marisa from music camp by the way :P

Demery L. replied...
cool!!!!! sorry u couldn't come this year!!! it wasn't as much fun without u

sarahmcmurtry said...
I"M SO MAD NOW! who are u even saying that. do u write for this cause its probably not any better! Demery's my friend and u saying stuff like that makes me wantto come there and kick u in ur face.

Demery L. replied...
thanks sarah for defending me!!

sarahmcmurtry replied...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:52 am
u'd do the same for me... i think i ahve anger issues... haha.

Demery L. said...
May 26, 2011 at 6:03 am
who are you? and if it's a waste of your time why did u bother posting? r u jelous of my amazing writing skills or what