I believe in the power of change | Teen Ink

I believe in the power of change

By BritniC33 SILVER, Lawrence, Kansas
BritniC33 SILVER, Lawrence, Kansas

I believe in the power of change. I believe that if a person loves someone or something enough that if they put their mind to it they can change their actions or ways to keep that person that they love.

Personally, I have changes my actions for a certain someone to make them happy and myself happy also. I realized what I was doing was not right and it was hurting the person I cared about. I changed those actions and proved to that person that I could change and that I do care enough for them to make them happy. I realized that the things I was doing was not making me a better person, but for me to change, and to not just make this person happy but to also make myself happier.

I believe in change but only if effort from that person is put into it. If someone does not think that they could change and does not try to change then I believe that they will not accomplish their goal and they could possibly lose that person or thing that they love.

Change is not easy, and some cannot accomplish the goal of changing such as people who are addicted to drugs, alcohol or cheating. Change can help someone prove another wrong, but also gives that person strength within them to help them believe that they can do better.