A Letter to Myself: What I Learned About the World

This year you learned Friday was the best day of the week and Kiki Palmer is wearing your jeans. You learned your life is mostly taken up by Tumblr and Youtube. You learned taking easier classes gives you more free time even though you’re embarrassed you’re in them. You learned your two new favorite words are ghetto and gypsy, each of which you’re not. You learned everyone thinks you’re funny even when you’re trying to be not, but you don’t care what people think anymore. You learned you can’t wait to grow up, to drive to leave this town and for people to take you seriously. Which means also you learned that you have many opinions yet people still believe that kids just “don’t understand” which you hate the most. You finally came to the conclusion that about 6th grade was the last grade where you actually learned things you need to know and trig is pointless for real life. You learned life is hard for people who don’t fit the norm and most of the people trying to fix that are the ones who started it. You learned that people care more about Glee and what Natalie Portman is wearing than focus in the real issues in the world. Finally you learned that some how you are going to have to figure out how to survive this messed up world, but I guess that’s all just a part of growing up.